Sunday, February 26, 2012





HI ALL! Its Week 6 already
Only today, I'm doing the blog for last week, (week 6), as it was hectic and crazy week for me. My yahoo email got hacked, and I had no way to access my email account. I was totally lost, as it was the email account I had used for over 15 years. Thus, I couldn't do my E courses assignments either. Anyways, now the email account is restored and life seems back to normal. I have managed to do catch with the assignments for week 6 as well.

Yes, the readings for week 6 were very informative indeed. I have been using PP for teaching for a very long time. Nevertheless, after getting through the readings for week 6, I belatedly realized that the interactive element had been minimum in the PPs. I realized that merely including pictures, graphics, charts, tables in PP presentations makes it visually stimulating and entertaining, but not necessarily  interactive.I noted down many suggestions that would make PP more interactive, and thus a more useful and productive teaching method to achieve learner objectives.Especially in language teaching, what matters most is usage, more than knowledge; and interactive PPs are very useful to keep learners engaged in the task, with maximum peer interaction.

It was a very educative experience, reading through the sample PP given in the course readings.The new knowledge I gained from the readings helped me in planning and designing the interactive PP for the project task.

No comments:

Post a Comment