Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 5
Well, we are already half way through the course.I have learnt much from reading about PBL in the assigned readings. I realize how much PBL helps to make a definite change in helping students to develop language skills.I look forward to integrating PBL based activities into my general language teaching. Technology can be used to enhance PBL activities, as the web is an excellent tool to locate material based on student interest. Getting through the assigned readings for week 5, made me reflect on the inherent drawbacks and disadvantages in traditional teaching  such as drills and grammar based curriculum.I sure look forward to enriching my teaching by using PBL/

I realize the importance of using PBL to promote student motivation.In this respect, web quests can be a creative tool to be used by teachers to enhance learning through PBL activities. From the assigned readings, I gathered how to create student tasks, designate resources and encourage students to work in groups in utilizing web quests for teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment